Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dad, Love You

This is my entry for Katrina's Color Inspiration #7 challenge.











We had to use the following colors:
Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla

I designed this card for my dad, Pedro. I only see my parents about twice a year (they live in Taos, New Mexico and I live in California). I know my Dad with like this Father's Day card.

This is my first time using chipboard letters...I only have pre-colored ones. I love them! These letters are from a Making Memories scrapbooking kit. They were originally blue, and not a Soft Sky blue. I rubbed them with Close to Cocoa and the Chocolate Chip ink. I scuffed them up a bit to reveal the Close to Cocoa layer of ink. I took a plain white flower and rubbed it with Soft Sky ink. I then stamped a Victorian Lace background stamp onto it with Close to Cocoa ink. To get the "love you" phrase, I took a "love" and a "thank you" stamp and masked the two to get the phrase I wanted.


Card Ingredients (all Stampin' Up unless noted)
Stamps: Noteworthy, Victorian Lace
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, off-white, designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Other: large eyelet (Thanks, Theresa!), Chocolate Chip ribbon, flower, Coluzzle oval cutter, scallop punch, corner rounder

6 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

Darling! Great job on the challenge & perfect colors for a Father's Day card!

Anonymous said...

I just love it! I was waiting to see what you would do with these colors. And once again, you did not disappoint! I love what you did with the chipboard. And I agree, your daddy will be very happy with his card. The background is so nice too. I love the flower and how you colored it. This is beautiful Ms. A!!! Hugs, Jenn.

Deanna said...

What a great DAD card!

Ericka said...

Another great card!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love this, Anthonette! I don't think of Soft Sky and Victorian Lace with masculine projects but now I know they do! This is a great card.

Becky Carafa said...

Oh wow, this is so cool! Great job with the challenge!