Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jenn's Crayon Challenge

Jenn, from Kiyomi Krafts, created a unique Crayon challenge yesterday and she used my son, Kalino for the inspiration. Thanks Jenn for the mention on your blog! Kalino was thrilled to recognize his name on your website.

What a coincidence... I was going to try the Crayon resist technique I saw on a Hero Arts
YouTube video on Friday, but a bad headache kept me out of my craft area. I first stamped the image with Black Memories ink on white glossy paper. I let it dry for several minutes. I used a white Crayon to trace around the image. Using Stampin' Spots, I rubbed ink on the image. Using a paper towel, I rubbed off the excess ink. The white areas pop. I love this technique!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Love Ya Bunches
Paper: white glossy Kromekote, white textured cardstock (my bad lighting changes the color of the white cardstock), Certainly Celery, Black
Ink: Black Memories, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue
Other: White Crayola Crayon, black/white stitched ribbon (Michael's), corner rounder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I have never watched a Hero Arts video; it sounds really interesting. I think the card is beautiful! The resist technique is quite dramatic... You did it so well, it looks look a greeting card out of a specialty store. I also like the layout and your choice of colors. I hope to try this technique this weekend if I have the time. I'll have to find the videos on YouTube first. How could you tell where you were coloring with the crayon? I guess it would show somewhat...? Anyway, great job! Thanks for playing with me. I knew you would come up with something pretty as well as creative. Mahalo for sharing, Jenn