Saturday, May 31, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #10

Here's a new attempt at an acetate card. The colors are from Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #10. The colors for this challenge are:
Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White

I started with a 6x6 inch piece of acetate folded in half. I wanted to emboss the heart images, so I stamped them with dye ink first and then used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to restamp them with Versamark ink. The clear embossing powder sticks to the Versamark ink. Love this! To avoid using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, there's a simpler way...thanks to a tip from my blogging buddy Jenn at Kiyomi Krafts. I forgot to use the simpler method! The Not Quite Navy cardstock is behind the acetate and the So Saffron cardstock is on top of the acetate to hid the adhesive. A matching piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock is on the back part of the acetate to allow for writing something. For dimension, the inner portion of the heart is popped up on foam tape.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Priceless, Tagger's Dozen
Paper: white, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, ColorBox Frost White, Versamark
Other: PSX White embossing powder, clear embossing powder, mini rhinestones, white ribbon, corner rounder, foam tape

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Fun card! One of my favorites.

Lindsay said...

I love this card!!!

Traveling Mama said...

How cute! Love what you did!

Pamela Smerker said...

This is really beautiful! I love the acetate and the measurements for this card. Great job!

Kristie said...

Love this card...just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I really like this card!!! I love that stamp set - I need to use it more!!!

Deanna said...

Great card... great demension and I love the size!!!

Carla said...

Goodness, this is gorgeous. You are going to make to 10 for sure!
I love acetate cards!

Anonymous said...

Anthonette, This is gorgeous!!! I love it. The design is wonderful! I love your interpretation of the colors. This was quite a challenge looking at the colors, but you did a superb job as always! I have to agree, this is a top 10er for sure! Did I tell you I had a dream about Kalino's robot? I don't know if it's a wind up toy, but I had a dream that it was crawling across my arm as I slept. And it was making that sound that wind up toys make...It was the weirdest thing. LOL! Hope you had a great weekend! Mahalo for sharing! Jenn