Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday - Woven Ribbon

This card is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #16. The card design started with the ribbon. I knew one cupcake on this card would be too small, so I wanted a larger focal point.

I like the look of torn paper. I tore more edges that she required on her sketch.

I put 3 layers of embossing powder on the cupcake.

I did some ribbon weaving about 4 years ago on a card and I was reminded of the technique by Kristina in her Make a Card Monday video. I don't know why I haven't done ribbon weaving more, I love it.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Hey There Cupcake (Stampendous)
Paper: kraft, Pumpkin Pie, designer paper (My Mind's Eye), white
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Other: ribbon (Costco), Clear embossing powder, Making Memories mini brad, scallop punch, 1/8" circle punch, SU felt flower, mini pearl (Target $1 bin)

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Super cute! Love your woven ribbon layer! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Richelle said...

Great card...love the woven ribbon!

Anonymous said...

This is so nice! I like how you incorporated the woven ribbon into this card!! Great work!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my what a pretty card!!!! Love the ribbon weaving. I weaved some paper strips but never ribbon, this is such a good idea. I also love, love, love the colors AND the cupcake of course! The design of the card is awesome. Mahalo, Jenn