Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Three More Weekend Cards

These are the other three cards from a stamping party I hosted on Sunday. It was another intro to card-making for my non-stamping girlfriends. I posted the Mother's Day card I had them make the other day. They loved playing with all the paper punches, stamps, and inks. They laughed when I pulled out my Crop-A-Dile to set the snaps for the Father's Day card! They couldn't imagine that we use such a large tool for paper crafting.

Happy New Baby Card Ingredients
Stamps: For a Friend, Figures of Speech
Paper: Certainly Celery, white, and designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Basic Black
Other: button (Making Memories), white gel pen, metal tag, circle paper punches, white ribbon, silver thread, colored pencils

Happy Father's Day Card Ingredients
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: white, Brilliant Blue (made by rubbing Brilliant Blue ink on white kromekote), the stripped cards are $1 bin specials from Michael's which had 8 cards & envelopes
Ink: Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Ruby Red, Brilliant Blue
Other: snaps (Making Memories), red ribbon (Michael's), small tags, scalloped square paper punch



Birthday Wishes Card Ingredients
Stamps: For a Friend
Paper: Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Colored Pencil Lilac (CA Paper Goods), white kromekote, and designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Other: gold mini brads (Making Memories), Martha Stewart marker, light blue and gold ribbon (from Peru), corner rounder, gold gel pen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't know where you have the time to HOST a stampin' day for your non-stampin' friends. It must be fun to share your passion and knowledge with them. They must have so much fun. You did a good job of making the cards simple enough that they would enjoy the process, but beautiful at the same time. It's funny, I too, thought the CAD was the most monstrous and hideous thing! I almost refused to buy it, but you know, the peer pressure kicked in. "Everybody's got one! Come on Jenn try it. Just try it once" I know it sounds crazy, but us crafters ARE crazy right!? Anyway, the first card is my favorite. It's darling! Did you lure anyone into your cave? Into your addictive vice? Heehee. It sounds like they had a blast. Okay, Mahalo for sharing! PS, it was such a nice surprise to see more posts!