Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mizuhiki Cord Cupcake

Here's the first card I created for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge 11. I wasn't completely satisfied with the colors of the cupcake, so I created another card.

I was reminded of using mizuhiki cord by browsing MaryJo McGraw's blog. I like this technique, but it's better-suited for paper mosaics...just like MaryJo McGraw does.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Stampin' Up Birthday Whimsy & Little Pieces, large cupcake (unknown company)
Paper: white kromekote (also brayered Tempting Turquoise and Green Gable for other cardstock pieces), Stampin' Up Soft Sky, and Pumpin Pie

Ink: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Green Gable, and Soft Sky
Other: Embossing Arts Mizuhiki Japanese Color Cords, ribbon (Michael's), PSX Diamond Sparkles

Posted by Picasa

No comments: