Friday, June 13, 2008

Kristina Color Inspiration Challenge #11

We are back from our trip to Southern California. I really love the scenery once you are South of the LA area. We took Kalino to Legoland in Carlsbad and then we went to my niece's high school graduation in Monrovia. We had a great time.

This card started out as a Father's Day card for my husband, but it lost it's masculine touch when I added a flower...oh well, I'll make him a new one.

The colors we had to use this week are:

Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Going Gray, Whisper White

Kristina warned us to use a lot of white. I hope this qualifies as a lot. I stamped the Priceless images with dye ink, then with Versamark in order to emboss them with clear embossing powder. The colors look darker because they are embossed.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, Priceless
Paper: White textured card (from Peru), white, grey/white designer paper (Making Memories)
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Going Grey, Versamark
Other: White flower (Imaginisce), tiny saffron flower (Prima), white mini brad (Making Memories), PSX clear embossing powder, foam tape

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS CARD Anthonette! I love the originality of it! Hope you winn! Donna
http://www.butternutsagedesigns.blogspot.com

Traveling Mama said...

Gorgeous card! Love what you did with the colors! So, so pretty!

Stamp Your Art Out said...

This one is sooo cute! Love it!

Yvonne