Thursday, June 5, 2008

Congratulations Alyssa & Gabi!

I'm a bad Auntie. Two nieces, Alyssa and Gabriela had their First Holy Communion ceremonies at the end of April in this pictured mission church in Taos, New Mexico. Only now am I working on their cards! I know...bad. What's worse, these stamped images were already stamped, chalked,and layered on gold paper.

A few years ago, I went to a stamping shop right off the main plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I found this stamp of my childhood church (San Francisco de Asis) in Taos. Being that Taos is a famous art colony, this church has inspired a lot of artists, photographers, and painters, like Georgia O'Keefe and Ansel Adams.

For the 2 cousins, I didn't want their cards to be indentical, so I made them a little different. I generated the personalized sentiments on my computer.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: San Francisco de Asis church (LPD is the label on the stamp)
Paper: cream paper, gold paper, Certainly Celery, River Rock, designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Versamark
Other: Primas, Making Memories mini brads, gold ribbon, chalk

No comments: