Sunday, June 8, 2008

Got Cake?

I made this fun card for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #19. One of the stamp sets Ericka gave me the other day is Inkadinkado's Humorous Birthday. When I saw the Got Cake? stamp, I knew I had to use it for Taylor's challenge.

Earlier this year, Ericka also gave me some Basic Grey designer paper. I used it on this card. I did some paper piecing with the designer paper for the dog. I also did some paper piercing on this card with tools Ericka brought me from Peru a few years ago. After reading this
item on Melanie Muenchinger's blog about a tip she got from Jody Morrow, I finally remembered to search for plastic canvas shapes at my local Michael's. It's a cheaper way to do paper piercing. I bought a round and a rectangular piece for less than $1 total! Thanks Melanie and Jody, and of course, thanks Ericka!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday
Paper: blue and cream textured papers (
Only the Best), Basic Grey Sugared designer paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas), Sakura white gel pen, Darice plastic canvas shapes, 1/2" circle paper punch, paper piercing tools

2 comments:

Ericka said...

I love what you came up with Anthonette! Beautiful card and great use of the design paper and stamps. I like the layers, the piercing and the colors!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so very cute!!! Love it. WOw, love how his cupcake is popped up too!