Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Butterfly Love

Hi there!

Here's another card I made for the PSA Essentials Love Blog Hop last week. I loved using all the Prima goodies I received (Prima Marketing was part of the blog hop). The card started with a Lemon Tart card base from Papertrey Ink. I rubbed Fresh Snow ink on the edges of the card. I found a little bag of doilies in the garage when we cleaned up a few weeks ago, so I used one here. I added the Prima pearls next. I used some new Helmar adhesive (I wasn't familiar with this Australian company before) to attach the butterflies to the card. I stamped the sentiment on another doily, so the papers would match (even though they don't seem to match in my photo). I used a punch to cut out the sentiment and added heavier cardstock behind the doily before adding it to the card.

I kept the Little Guy home again today since he still had a fever last night. This kid normally plays with Legos every single day! He didn't touch them yesterday. He took a long nap and then fell asleep in my arms for a bit too. I'm hoping he's better today so he can go back to school tomorrow.

Hope you're doing well in your part of the world. Adios!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Love Birds (PSA Essentials)
Paper: Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink), doilies (recycled item from my garage)
Ink: Espresso Brown (PSA Essentials), Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: Modern Label punch (Stampin’ Up)
Other: Zapdots (Helmar), butterflies (Prima), pearls (Prima), 450 Quick Dry Adhesive (Helmar)

3 comments:

Heather Innusa said...

Wow, this is simply amazing!! I absolutely adore it. And I hope your little guy feels better soon - its horrible when they're sick :(

ivy said...

what a beautiful card!! and a fab find in the garage with the doilies!
hope your little guy feels better. i have a case of the sickies too. not fun while having to take care of the family too.
thanks for the sweet comment on the stamp fever blog :) wish me luck!

Kadee said...

So Pretty!