Friday, February 11, 2011

Red Rose Heart-Shaped Flower

Hi there! If you are interested in winning over $500 of product, please go to the 1st Annual Love Blog Hop at PSA Stamp Camp today!

Here's one of the 4 cards I made for the PSA Essentials Blog Hop. A few weeks ago, I was sent a box with so many lovely products to work with: Prima Marketing flowers, Helmar adhesives, and ribbons from Reasonable Ribbons. My goodness, does Prima make the most gorgeous flowers! I punched out a red heart shape and glued red roses to the cardstock (I first trimmed off the wire stems). The ribbons I had been sent were all brown, taupe, and tan colored, so I used a green Copic marker to dye the ribbon a green color. It worked! I had never tried doing that before. I stamped the PSA image and then added some Diamond Glaze to the heart for some added interest.

Click here to go to the Blog Hop today. Have a great weekend!
Card Ingredients
Stamps: Bouquet Toss (PSA Essentials)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink), Real Red (Stampin’ Up), Garden Variety paper (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Holiday Red, Espresso Brown (PSA Essentials)
Tools: Large Heart Punch (Stampin’ Up), Tim Holtz Distressing Tool (Tonic)
Other: Diamond Glaze (JudiKins), gold cording (from Peru), Painterly Petals Floral Embellishments (Prima), ribbon (Reasonable Ribbons)

3 comments:

Nancy L. said...

its beautiful! love the idea of the heart & roses!

Paloma Gomez said...

Tu tarjeta esta hermosa!! Saludos!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that "flower-flower" is such a good idea! I love it. This card is absolutely stunning.
CC