Monday, February 14, 2011

A Baker's Twine Heart

I wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day!

I love baker's twine! I'm sure you've noticed. I could use it on every project. I searched the Silhouette Studio store to find a design where I could wrap a lot of baker's twine on a heart shape.

The pre-printed card base is from A Muse. I picked it up on my travels to Seattle in November. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
I found this heart in the Silhouette Studio store and downloaded it. I only cut the outer layer. I threaded the baker's twine on a needle and threaded a double strand of twine into each hole. I added some mini beads to the card base and rounded the corners of the card.

I mailed this card to my parents. 

Tip: To make mailing this type of "bumpy" card easier, you can insert the card into the envelope inside out. The recipient might think "what the heck?" when they open the envelope, but you can warn them ahead of time. You can also cover the card with a sheet of cardstock before inserting it into the envelope.

Have a great one and thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Oh, I love it!! I've been eyeing some baker's twine. It's so cute and adds great character. I'm sure your parents were delighted when they opened the envelope. Happy Valentine's Day! =)

Angie Tieman said...

What a fabulous card! That heart is to die for!

SweetJasmineDesigns said...

This card is so cute and sweet.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I'm doing a post on baker's twine and would love to include this card (with a link back) if that is okay with you. I love it. My email is: aliasgracie at gmail dot com