Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ribbon Flower Mother's Day


Today I used a quick card layout I saw courtesy of Alli Miles. Last week, I saw a cute ribbon flower card created by Annabelle at Bits and Pieces. I have so much ribbon...don't we all? I printed out a picture of her flower with intentions to try to make one myself. Then on Sunday, Kristina posted 2 YouTube videos (part 1 & part 2) from a user called "okakuku". I loved her ribbon and button creation. That was the final motivation to create one myself.

This weekend, I'm giving non-stamping girlfriends another intro to stamping (I did this two years ago and a few years before that). We are going to make at least 4 types of cards: Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthday, and thank you. I haven't decided if they will make this card...it might be a little too time-consuming...I used real needle and thread on the button.

Card Ingredients
Stamps (all Stampin' Up): Think Happy Thoughts, All Holidays
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, white, yellow parchment, and textured yellow

Ink (all Stampin' Up): Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Scallop punch, circle punches, button (Making Memories), printed ribbon (Costco), orange ribbon (from a ribbon share with my friend, Ericka), Zots, fabric glue, white thread

6 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I love your card!!! Glad you found some inspiration from mine. Loved finding your blog. Great cards. I'll be back for sure!

Ericka said...

Beautiful card Anthonette! I love the colors you chose and the vertical paper colors on the side! I will try to make one following your steps!

I wish I was in the bay area to attend your class this weekend! HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I totally love it!

Crafty Mom said...

Wow! Beautiful card. And not your usual Mother's Day colors either. Have you considered sending your work to a stamping magazine?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Love it!!! What a great take on an inspiration. It's so airy and pretty! The way you used your colors is fabulous! You continue to amaze me with your art! Jenn

Shelly said...

I love this card, the ribbon flower is so great!! I am definately going to have to try that!