Whew! My computer has been acting up. Thankfully, we have more than 1 computer in the house and a super techie sweetie for a husband.
This card was submitted to Embellish Magazine's first publication call. I'm very happy for Ashley and Mac in their new endeavor.
The color challenge involved the following colors:
I love kraft cardstock! I didn't want to miss this challenge. I had to have Jen Allyson's digital cutting kit after seeing Kristina use it on her Finally Friday video.
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! – kraft + chocolate chip + riding hood red patterns designer series paper + pink flamingo designer series paper
Tools: Fiskars - corner rounder; QuicKutz Silhouette - Thank You & card front; Stampin' Up! - 3 heart punch + hole punch
Accessories: Jen Allyson's Project Cuts - Cut-Out card digital die cut kit; Stampin’ Up! – tempting turquoise button + chocolate chip brad; Sakura - white gelly roll pen; Black Bird Studios - twine; 3M - mounting tape; Tombow - glue
1. Trim kraft cardstock into an A2 card.
2. Use QuicKutz Silhouette to cut out card front and the welded word Thank You (cut word 3 times).
3. Glue 3 copies of Thank You together.
4. Use the gel pen to add faux stitching to the welded word.
5. Wrap part of card front with twine.
6. Punch hole and add the chocolate chip brad.
7. Round corners of kraft cardstock.
8. Punch heart shapes 3 times out of kraft cardstock and glue together.
9. Punch heart shape from designer paper and glue to chipboard.
10. Use foam tape to adhere card front and welded word to card base.
11. Thread button with twine.
12. Adhere button and heart chipboard.