Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday


Hi everyone! I wanted to show the versatility of the Jeepers Creepers Hybrid Printables from Sweet Shoppe Designs by making a non-Halloween birthday card from one of the card fronts. Yesterday I featured cards and popcorn cups made with this Jen Tapler & Libby Weifenbach kit.

I trimmed one of the card fronts by using my EK Success border punch. I glued the scalloped border on the card front. I added ribbon. I used a masked off Happy Birthday stamp and stamped the sentiment on the dotted circle. I did some faux stitching to finish off the card. I threaded the button with a thin strip of the leftover cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: So Many Scallops (SU!)
Paper: Lovely Lilac, white,
Jeepers Creepers Hybrid Printables (Sweet Shoppe Designs)
Ink: Chalk ink (ColorBox)
Tools: Dotted Scallop edge punch (EK Success), 2" circle punch (Fiskars)
Other: button (SU!), ribbon, foam tape

3 comments:

claudia shadler said...

What a cute card! I like the dark colors, black and purple go well! Awesome!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Savitri said...

Too cute! Love the dark colors. I have a hard time with them but you did well, lady!

Jessica said...

Very pretty!! I am always afraid to venture and play around with dark colors especially black and purple. You made them go so well together. I think I'll be pulling out my dark side colors :)