Thursday, January 29, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

This week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #16 card came together thanks to the blog candy from Jane (Hi, Jane!) and Memories Live On. I got the Unity stamp I used on this card, Memento ink, buttons, Primas, and dew drops! Jane also gave me a little box with Hersheys Kisses and decorated the a stamp from Love You Much. My goodness! This is my first Unity stamp. I've never had Memento ink either...love it!

I met Jane yesterday at the store in Cupertino. She is so sweet and I loved the store! Kalino was with me, so he got to meet her two sons. Jane just got back from CHA. She went for Copic certification. Memories Live On is about 16 miles from my house, but I'm sure I'll be back. This is also the first time I've met someone from "blogland". Jane, I had my camera in my purse. I forgot to take a picture of us. Darn!

The movie this week was The Wizard of Oz. I've seen this movie dozens of times. The first card I started to make was inspired by the famous song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I didn't like my rainbow...it looked too juvenile, so I quit working on that card. I wanted to create a card with ruby red slippers, but I was running late on the challenge (my usual story). I instead thought...duh...you have the new Unity stamp! I printed the "There's no place like home" sentiment from my computer. I downloaded a cross-stitch type font. I could imagine Auntie Em having items that were cross-stitched in the house. I added a few buttons and I was done.

Thanks for looking!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Neighborhood of Simplicity (Unity)
Paper: kraft & basic black (SU!), white (JudiKins)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: corner rounder
Other: buttons, black/white ribbon (Michael's), twine thread, foam tape, colored pencils (Crayola), Home Sweet Home font (webfontlist.com)

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the cross stitch letter...the perfect touch to a great card! tfs

Ann said...

I love the cross-stitch and buttons--perfect touches for Auntie Em!

Sam said...

Perfect card for this challenge Anthonette! Very sweet!

Best wishes,
Sam.

Catherine said...

what a beautiful card, Anthonette :)

chloe said...

Holy moly this is too cute!!!!

Brooke S said...

What a cute card... So glad you made it in time. I love seeing what you come up with.. And of course I love the base color KRAFT my favorite... I love the little buttons.. What a sweet touch... The new Unity image is adorable...

Loads of hugs
Brooke

Savitri said...

LOVE it!!! This is just awesome. So so so cuuuuuute!!!!!

Erum Tasneem said...

i dont know what.... i can not point out what... but I LOVE THIS card! I just love it!