Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lord of the Rings Fan!

This card is for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #14. The movie this week was "Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring."

I never read the Lord of the Rings books in school. I thought they would be boring. My goodness, how wrong was I? I loved the movies. I've seen them several times. They are classic...as is the writing of J.R.R. Tolkien. What a creative mind! My inspiration for this card came from the "one ring to rule them all". I got a Big Shot over a week ago, and this is the first time I've used this embossing folder. I thought it was perfect for this card. I chose this BasicGrey paper because the color reminded me of the lush scenery in the movie.

Ever since I saw these movies, New Zealand is on the top of my list of places I want to visit. The landscapes in the movie are breath-taking!

Like Sankari, Brooke, and Carol, I wanted to use Tolkien-inspired fonts. I got these Tolkien fonts (Elfen Ring font & Kelt Extended font) from this site.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: none
Paper: Urban Prairie (BasicGrey), Gold Foil (Only the Best Los Gatos)
Ink: my printer
Other: foam tape, Spots & Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), ribbon (Costco)

6 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

This is gorgeous, Anthonette! Love that embossed foil and the fonta just make it perfect!

Sankari W. said...

Wowie!! Love love love that embossing folder - it is absolutely perfect for the One Ring to Rule them all - love that paper and your fonts!!! As soon as my son saw your card he said - I like the "round and the round and the round circles" - me too!!!!! (hey congrats on the Big Shot!!!) Thank you for playing Anthonette! You always bring so much attention to detail in your cards!! And I think we should all go to New Zealand and travel! And then after that we can go to Australia and visit Carol!!!

:) Hope you are your family are doing great!!! Sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I love the embossed gold, and your sentiment in the elfen font is too cool.

Anonymous said...

I love the "ring" embossing folder that you've used on your card! I also love the movies, but I haven't been able to watch them more than once because they are so long!! How have you done it? Ha. Ha.

Wonderful card!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh, this is great! Gonna have to keep this idea in mind for my honey's birthday -- he's a big LOTR fan + I have that embossing folder :)

Erum Tasneem said...

anthonette! the card looks so regal! Love love love it!!!