Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Card and a Blogaversary

Hope you're having a good weekend. We spent the day with family. My in-laws and niece are here from Southern CA for the weekend. My parents, sister, and niece are arriving in 3 days from New Mexico. So exciting!

Here's a card I made last week for a Cards blog challenge to use eyelets. I have SO many eyelets! How about you? These are tiny ones. I used this Papertrey Ink color combo and the new PTI set, Butterfly Dreams:

I wish I would've have made the Lemon Tart decorative border wider so you can actually see it. It's very hidden behind the ribbon.
I almost forgot that today is my 2-year blogging anniversary for Chavez Designs! I've actually been blogging for over 5 years on my son's blog. I started Chavez Designs to post a card in Kristina's first ever color inspiration challenge, so I owe it to her for getting me started on this blog. What made you start your blog?

It's been so fun meeting several of you along the way. I'm sure I'll get a chance to meet many more of you.

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink except where noted)
Stamps:  Butterfly Dreams
Paper: white, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss
Ink: Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon, Lemon Tart
Tools: Scallop Trim Border Punch (SU!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Making Memories Eyelet Setter
Other: mini eyelets (Making Memories), Lemon Tart ribbon, foam tape (3M)

6 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Very sweet little card! Great way to use up those eyelets! I'm afraid I have quite a few too!

Jen Tapler said...

Fantastic card Anthonette!! And Happy Blogoversary!! My 2-yr Blogoversary is this month too! Weird. Great minds think alike!! LOL.

Monica Gale said...

what a beautiful card!! I adore your tiny eyelets those are something I don't use a lot myself. Thanks for visiting me the other day, hugs xx
ps. happy blogoversary

Two Happy Stampers said...

Hey Anthonette! We've been making stuff with butterflies, too! =) Love that color combo! Wow, 2 years of blogging... that's great! Just letting you know we've got another color challenge up on our blog if you're looking for more challenges! =) http://twohappystampers.blogspot.com/2010/03/ths-color-challenge-2-for-march.html

Paloma Gomez said...

Hola Anthonette, tus tarjetas tan bellas como siempre, pase para darte un premio, si gustas pasar a mi blog por el. Saludos!

Erum Tasneem said...

such a cute card! absolutely love the colours.