Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Annual Photo Christmas Card



Time is flying quick these last few days. Christmas presents have been mailed out to family. For out-of-state family and friends, our annual Christmas cards won't arrive on time, so I'm showing it here. I had such a hard time designing the card this year. I couldn't decide on what papers I wanted to use. I decided to create cards using scraps and embellishments I had since last year. I landed up creating almost 12 versions of this card. I'll show those later this week. This particular version of the card is my favorite.

I love this photo of K! He had asked me to take pictures of his latest Lego creation, SpongeBob DroidPants. He merged a Lego SpongeBob with a Star Wars Droid body. While I was photographing it, I started taking his picture. He happened to look over and I got this great shot. He's wearing Darth Vadar pajamas.

Only the stamp is new from Papertrey Ink (Holiday Button Bits). In my continuing love for the Stampin' Up Medallion stamp, I used it here on the base of the card. I stamped it with VersaMark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I created the border on the card using Photoshop Elements (thanks, Cathy Zielske for this tutorial). I used Brilliance ink to stamp on the photo; love that ink! I used my scallop border punch and a great button to finish off the card.

In exciting news this evening, I won a $250 Amazon gift card from the amazing Pioneer Woman. So fun. I don't know what I'm going to buy with the money.

Well, I better get downstairs and continue writing out cards to mail them out tomorrow. Have a great day and thanks for your support and encouragement this year! It's been fun.

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...I LOVE it...such a cutie pie!!!!

Angie Tieman said...

LOVE this card! He is too cute for words!! Congrats on your gift card win, how exciting!! I bought that book for my mom for Christmas so checked out her website and saw the giveaways. There were like tens of thousands of entries (makes our little blog candies seem paltry!), so you must be seriously lucky! Go buy a lottery ticket! hee!

Jaime said...

OMG is right... I absolutely LOVE this card!!! you did such an amazing job!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Jaime

Savitri said...

This is great LOVE the simplicity of the card and the photo is just stunning. WOW, $250 GF win! AWESOME!!!!

claudia shadler said...

Awesome pic of yer little boy! He's so cute! Awesome card, the color combo rocks!

Congrats on yer win! that's awesome!

Merry Xmas
Clouds :D

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

As usual...this is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful boy!!!

Deb Rymer said...

Wow - this is absolutely stunning, Anthonette! The photo is amazing - and I love the other touches of color and texture you added. Perfect, perfect, perfect! I agree with Angie - you must be seriously lucky. Seems I recall you also won a Silhouette (or some big die-cutting machine) this year already. You go, girl!

CeeCee said...

What a picture! And those eyes, wow!
I love the frame around the photo.
CC