Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


To all my American friends, have a great Thanksgiving! Here's a card I made for my parents. I was supposed to mail it Monday, but I've been swamped with errands and helping at school. I definitely haven't been at home very much in the last week. Life has been busy.

The card base is SU! Pumpkin Pie cardstock. All the other papers are digi papers from Autumn Harvest by Christy Lyle (Sweet Shoppe Designs). I used my Silhouette to cut out the turkey design.


My husband's family is driving up from LA tomorrow morning. Thanksgiving dinner will be at my house.  I ordered all the major components of the meal from Boston Market and I picked it up yesterday. I did this last year too. I love not having to deal with a large raw bird. I do plan to make Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes. I love her! I want to see how they compare to my grandmother's method. Mashed potatoes are my favorite part of the meal.

I don't plan to do any crazy Black Friday shopping; I hate shopping. I'll probably check out online sales. We need a new printer soon.

Have a good one! Gobble-gobble.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Tools: QuicKutz Silhouette, Turkey design, Scallop Edge punch, Word Window punch & Modern Label Punch (SU!), Tim Holtz paper distresser
Other: Soft Suede ribbon (SU!), foam tape, white gel pen (Sakura), button (Making Memories), twine (recycled)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time is dinner, Anthonette? Maybe I can hop on the next flight out to the west coast and be there in time! ;) Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Winter said...

Very cute! Happy Thankgiving! :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

How did I miss that Silhouette turkey? What a great card! :)

I love mashed potatoes too, but I'm the only one who eats them in our house, so I only make 'em when friends are coming over. Have a bite for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tiff said...

I absolutely LOVE your style!!!! WOW! So glad to have found your blog!