Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthday Celebrations


Hi everyone! Here's the latest card for Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #42. I used the Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #5 for the layout (I didn't post this on time on Karen's blog).
(Edited to Add 2/20: new picture of card taken in daylight; picture I took last evening was driving me crazy...the More Mustard and Really Rust cardstock didn't look the right colors.)

The colors this week are:
More Mustard, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White

I'm off to help my son find a missing library book that is due today. Thanks for looking!


Card Ingredients
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Paper: More Mustard, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss
Ink: VersaMark
Tools: Cuttlebug circles embossing folder (I used the backside of the embossed paper here), slot punch (Making Memories)
Other: white embossing powder, rub ons (Love & Happiness - SU!), foam tape, gems (A Stamp in the Hand), More Mustard ribbon

17 comments:

{PurpleD} said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a fun layout, great card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthonette! I love that you placed that layer on an angle...what a great idea, one we don't often think of. TFS! ~Donna

Carolyn King said...

totally fun card!

Jaime said...

Love this card, all the texture, and those rub-ons are great on there!

I am so glad you too are enjoying following Matt & Madeline's story... I love seeing his updates, isn't he such a great dad!

Take care, and thanks for the inspiration... your blog is so amazing, thank you!

MEL said...

Wonderful card! Love the embossing with the rub ons.

Diane said...

what a lovely card yummy

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is wonderful! Love the layout!

NancyS said...

Your card is GORGEOUS, Anthonette! I love the angled layer and the color palette. Beautiful work. TFS.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

Colleen Ryan said...

very nice - simple and lovely. Love the texture that you've added.

Lisa Brown said...

Great job on this challenge, Anthonette...LOVE the texture!

Savitri said...

Super cute!!!! Love the embossing and design!

wendyp said...

awesome card! love the texture!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is so pretty!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I just love the texture and the clean look!

Shelley said...

Hi Anthonette! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I know you've had a lot of success on Kristina's challenges, so it means a lot to me that you liked my card!

I just love your card. The angle you used is genius! And the rub-ons! I don't use those nearly enough.

Hugs!
Shelley