Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday - AVS11

Of the 12 cards I uploaded to Splitcoaststampers, this card has gotten more hits and comments than the other 11 cards. This card was for sketch #11 of the Anni-VERVE-sary. I love the Birthday Whimsy set, and I haven't used it enough.

I stamped the birthday cake on 3 different papers: white, certainly celery, and Spring Silhouettes DSP. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I restamped the cake on the DSP using VersaMark ink. I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I rubbed the Close to Cocoa pad on top of the stamped image. I used paper towel to remove the excess ink. I paper pieced all the image on the white cardstock. On the flames of the candles, I added gold gel pen and Stickles.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Spring Silhouettes DSP, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
Ink: Close to Cocoa, VersaMark
Other: foam tape, Gold Sakura gel pen, Clear embossing powder, Stickles, River Rock ribbon, 1" circle punch

2 comments:

Doris said...

I can see why this card got so many hits--it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! You've been busy with so many wonderful cards!!!!