Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy to Sew a Birthday Card

I made this card the other night, but I figured I would let Blogger post it for me while I'm out of town.

I stamped the large image from the Fresh Cuts set on the large Pumpkin Pie flower. I don't know if I like it...it just makes the flower look dirty. I also stamped that same stamp on the scallop circle and the chipboard button. Since the chipboard has glossy paper, I stamped it with gold Brilliance ink. I love Brilliance inks.

The only adhesive I used on this card is holding the flower layers together. The brown textured paper and the ribbons are sewn onto the cardstock. I had the sewing machine out since I was hemming some new shirts, so I figured I should use the machine on a card. My old sewing machine is on its last leg, plus it only does a straight stitch. I could use a new one!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Fresh Cuts
Paper: River Rock, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie Die-cut Blooms, brown textured paper (I don't know who makes it)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, River Rock, Brilliance Galaxy Gold
Other: Large Button Chipboard (Target $ bin), American Crafts stripped ribbon, celery ribbon (Michael's)

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I love the colors of those flowers. TFS!!!