Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday

I'm in a rush to pack, but I need to create 3 cards before we leave. Three nieces are celebrating birthdays in the next few weeks. We fly out bright and early tomorrow morning.

This card is for Analisa who turns 18 on Aug 6th. I like gift cards...receiving and giving. I don't know how to shop for girls anymore, so this gift is a no-brainer. I wanted to design a card around the gift card.

This card started with some BasicGrey paper that is part of a
Matchbook Kit. I rubbed the raw chipboard with Rose Red ink.

The matchbook flap is attached to the pink cardstock with eyelets. The paper on the inside of the flap is yummy. I got it from my local scrapbook store. It it almost like cloth. I can't remember who makes it.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Happy Birthday (A Muse Artstamps)
Paper: Parchment Pink (Only the Best), DSP (BasicGrey- Oh, Baby! Girl Matchbook Kit), brown stone textured paper (don't know who makes it)
Ink: Rose Red, Basic Black, StazOn Jet Black
Other: BasicGrey ribbon, Making Memories staples, Chipboard (Heidi Swapp), Clear Square Sticker (A Muse...blog candy from Theresa), flower (blog candy from Jenn), rhinestone (Me & My Big Ideas), corner rounder, eyelets (unknown source), glue dots
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenn Muraoka said...

This is so pretty. I love how you used the flower in your design. The card looks like a little book. I really like the construction of the card as well.