Saturday, May 24, 2008

Friendship - Theresa's Scrapalicious Challenge

This week's challenge from Theresa was to only use scrap paper for the layers on the base card. I should definitely force myself to use scraps more often.

I do save every bit of paper. The hardest part is organizing these bits and pieces. What I started doing recently is using my paper punches (scallop, circles, squares, tags, etc.) on smaller scraps of paper that are too small to be a layer on a card. Jenn at Kiyomi Krafts has a great tip about using her flower punch and ziploc bags to keep her scraps organized. This challenge forced me to separate my pre-punched papers into ziploc bags.

I started this card with Certainly Celery cardstock. A while back when I first got my
Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, I cut a bunch of 2-inch circles out of a piece of cream textured cardstock. I was left with a sheet of paper full of holes. I attached the "holey" paper to the Celery cardstock and trimmed off the excess. I didn't stamp a single thing for this card and all these circles were already punched. I taped them into place and trimmed off the excess. The popped up friendship layer was already stamped and had mounting tape. I just added a crystal brad to it.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts
Paper: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie. The other cardstock is unknown scraps.
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi
Other: SU brad (Thanks,
Theresa!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally love it - very clever!!

Thanks for playing and I'll pop something special in the mail to you on Tuesday!!!!