Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #3

Kristina, thanks for another color inspiration challenge! You made me realize I don't have Orchid Opulence in my collection...yikes! I thought I had every regular Stampin' Up color. I had so much fun in my studio because I was in such a huge rush. I was listening to vintage Earth, Wind and Fire at full volume, dancing, and making a huge mess on my desk.







Kristina posted this picture from the Pier 1 website and these Stampin' Up colors:



Orchid Opulence, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Whisper White.

Since I'm still working on a card swap with my good friend, Ericka, I decided to create a Mother's Day card using these colors. Here's my card:









Card Ingredients
Stamps (all Stampin' Up): All Holidays, Think Happy Thoughts, Friendship Blooms (I stamped the large flower on top of the lavender blossom with white ink, but you can't really see it), By Design
Paper: Kromekote (which I brayered Rose Red ink onto it), Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, ColorBox Frost White, Brilliance Moonlight White
Other: lavender blossom and black eyelets (Making Memories), black and white ribbon (Michael's), PSX White embossing powder, 3/4" circle punch

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I don't blame you for not having any Orchid Opulence in your paper collection. It's not a colour I really use either. You did a great job with the challenge though, and the flower is a great substitute for Orchid.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Great blog too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us all!
By the way, I'm here in Fremont, CA. It's nice to find someone so close!
Lorraine
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com