Friday, October 24, 2008

Muchas Gracias, Burberry

I'm glad it's Friday! It was a busier than normal week. I volunteered several days at our school's book fair. This is week 12 (the last week) of Theresa's Designer Handbag Inspiration Challenge. This week's handbag was the Mini Warrior by Burberry.











I wasn't familiar with Burberry. I'll all knew about Burberry is that it's expensive. This purse retails for $1600! Looking at the Neiman Marcus website, it was clear to see that Burberry uses a very distinct plaid pattern. That was definitely my inspiration this week. I knew it would be hard to recreate, so I did the same trick of creating my own cardstock that I did last week. I found this purse. I saved the picture on my computer. Using Picasa, I cropped a good deal of the plaid design and printed it on cream-colored cardstock. I used a paper punch to punch out the tiny squares.
I used my oval Coluzzle to create an oval shaped card. I trimmed the bottom of the oval off to create a flat bottom.
The voting for this challenge will start tomorrow morning and go through Sunday evening on Theresa's blog. Thanks for looking!
Card Ingredients
Stamps: Flores Llamativas
Paper: Crimson paper (Only the Best Los Gatos), cream (CA Paper Goods)
Ink: VersaMark
Other: silver embossing powder (PSX), Making Memories silver eyelets, Sakura silver gel pen, 5/8" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon (SU), corner rounder, silver cording

5 comments:

Catherine said...

okay...Queen of handbag cards, this is just G-0-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!

Crafty Mom said...

Who wants to spend $1600 for a purse when you can get a perfectly fine reproduction like Anthonette's card?

Erum Tasneem said...

Oh my! That is one fab card!
How much time did this take?

Savitri said...

Wow, that is just AWESOME! You did a great great great job!!! LOVE it.

Mary said...

Oh, wow! Very cool card!