Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For You "Pride & Prejudice"

I've admired Brooke and Sankari's work when I saw it appear in response to Krisina's Color Inspiration challenges. When they started their own challenge a few days ago, I knew I had to jump in. They started the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. A long time ago, I noticed on the project ingredients, Sankari would list what movie she watched while creating a particular project. I noticed Brooke doing the same thing.

Their first challenge was to create a project inspired by "Pride & Prejudice." I have a computer in my studio, but not a TV. I can watch shows from our TiVo box on my computer because we have a
SlingBox...cool device.

Sankari gave YouTube links to several "Pride & Prejudice" clips. I was hooked. I read the book in high school and saw the 1995 BBC version of the movie years ago, but I didn't see the Keira Knightly movie. Did you know you can watch the entire 1995 version on YouTube (it's 36 mini files and no commercials)? Since Saturday, I watched the entire series all over again! Girls, you created an addict! I'm almost speaking in a British accent! Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle are the perfect Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. Did you know Jennifer Ehle was born in North Carolina?

Anyway on to the card and envelope... I had some old sealing wax medallions, so I melted one to seal the envelope and pressed a rose stamp onto it. That's the little blob you see.

The card was inspired by the muted colors they tended to wear and the vintage floral patterns in their decor. I noticed a lot of creams and a few pops of color.


Card Ingredients
Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Watercolor Minis (retired)
Paper: cream colored parchment, DSP & flower (DaisyD's Spring Blossoms), envelope (Nature's Paper)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Brilliance Gold
Other: button (SU), River Rock double stitched ribbon, twine, scallop edge punch, dimensionals, wax seal (JudiKins)
Movie watched: "Pride & Prejudice" BBC version

10 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

It's STUNNING!

Sankari W. said...

Anthonette - your card is absolutely lovely!!! I love the floral paper and the muted earth tones paired with the the cream ribbon and paper! You can really see the "feel" of the clothes from P & P in your card. And the sentiment is so very sweet and I can imagine this being a card & envelope set being something that Mr. Darcy would give to Elizabeth. Sooo romantic!
And also I just wanted to add that----> YOU totally rock!!! WOW! You watched the whole 1995 Pride and Prejudice!!! You are my hero!! Thanks for the heads up about the Youtube Mini Clips - I am off to drift off into the magic land of P & P - and I totally know what you mean about talking in a british accent - when I was making my card and getting the post ready - I kept "thinking" out loud doing a british accent that was so bad - that I was totally cracking myself up!

Thanks so much for playing Anthonette! It is such an honor! I hope you will play along with this Saturday's cinema inspiration too! It's one one of my fave fave fave movies!!

Sending you lots of sunshine (even through all the rain clouds here :) LOL!) to you and your family :)
Sankari :

(PS - let me know about the handbag voting!) can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Beautiful card! Love all the layers on the flower. Your choice of colors and printed paper are very elegant together!
-Adriel

Ann said...

WOW!!! Love that flower!

Catherine said...

WOW, Anthonette! Simply beautiful :)

iris said...

This is so pretty Anthonette!

Brooke S said...

Look at you getting inspired. You caught the true P&P bug. I love the colors you chose it have a beautiful vintage feel...Your sentiment reminds me of the letter that Mr.Darcy hands to Elizabeth to defend his honor... Your flower adds great movement to the card as well... I think My favorite part of the card is the Wax seal... I can hear it drip, and see and hear mold pushing into the wax. Then the fingers pinching the flame out of the candle.. Ah thanks for that little moment...

What a honor that you came over to our little old challenge... I hope you had a great time being inspired by cinema...

Hugs
Brooke

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

This Card is so pretty, fantastic flower & love the PP.

chloe said...

This is so so elegant, and definately made me think of Pride and Predjudice!!

Erum Tasneem said...

i am in looooove with the flower!!!!!!!