Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Susan G. Komen Gift Trio

Hey there! Today is my first day posting projects done with PSA Essential stamps. I submitted these projects last month to get considered for the design team. Libby asked me to create October projects for breast cancer awareness month. I decided to create a gift trio to give someone if they were doing a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure walk.

I used the stamps from the Dare to Dream and Frenchie sets. I created a card, decorated a water bottle, and a Tic Tac container.

My family has been hit hard with cancer and breast cancer in particular. I've had 3 aunts (my dad's sister and my mom's youngest sisters) affected by breast cancer. 
My Aunt Christine (pictured above on the left) passed away 4 months ago from complications of an aggresive type of breast cancer called Inflammatory Breast Cancer. My aunts, mom, sisters, and cousins do annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Walks in New Mexico. My Aunt Christine and Aunt Pauline are pictured here at a walk in June 2006.

Here's a picture from a few weeks ago of my Aunt Pauline (a 10-year survivor), my mom, my cousin Maya (my late aunt's daughter), my sister Leonel, my sister Esther, and my cute niece Alexa.

This photo of Maya's back brought tears to my eyes and still does everytime I see it. My 15-year old cousin Maya did the walk in memory of her mom. Let's all do our part to fund breast cancer research and to be proactive about our own health. Get your mammograms, ladies and also be aware about Inflammatory Breast Cancer, which is not detected by a mammogram.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to help the Little Guy with his homework and to bake some cookies.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

All your pink projects are super fab...

Oh anthonette....breast cancer IS so very horrible...sorry for how it has impacted your family....it took my Aunt too...

I bought a ton of those pink tic tacs and gave them out to the gals at work..

Erum Tasneem said...

everything looks ooh la la! the card is totally gorgeous!

Rae said...

I am so sorry your family has been so adversely affected with breast cancer, and especially sorry for the loss of your Aunt. Looking at the photos, it looks like you have a strong, loving, caring and supportive family. Best wishes to you all as you continue to care for and support each other.