Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bethie!

(6.16.09) Edited to Add: Updated the photo; I was finally able to get the Taken with Teal to look correct.
Whew! I made Kristina's deadline. Here's a card for Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #54.

I made this card for my niece, Elizabeth. It's a very late birthday card. I used a layout in the US-version of the Fall-Winter SU! catalog (p.133).

I had trouble getting the Taken with Teal paper to look like it's true color. The photo is looking very Tempting Turquoise. I'll take a photo later to replace this one. I need to do Lisa Spangler's challenges to help my photos out. The colors this week are:




Card Ingredients
Stamps: Love You Much, So Many Scallops (SU!)
Paper: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Rainbow Sherbert DSP, white glossy paper
Ink: VersaMark, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal
Tools: Big Shot, Cuttlebug embossing folder, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 1/16" circle punch, scallop edge punch (SU!), scallop square punch (Marvy), stapler, Crop-a-Dile, scallop edge punch (SU!)
Other: Felt Fusion flower, foam tape, white embossing powder, rhinestone brad (Making Memories)

22 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Very well done! What a unique combination of images --- you make them look like they belong together! Excellent design!

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing job on the challenge. I love the effect of the different backgrounds one on top of the other. And congrats on winning the Hero Arts prize and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
CC

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the design!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

This is absolutey FABULOUS.

Sarah
xx

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful use of the colors!

Ann said...

Fabulous, Anthonette! I love this LO!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, super cuteness!! She will love it, such a fun card!

Stacey Schafer said...

Wow...what a card! love it!

Mary said...

Great use of the colors! Love your card!

Sylvia Blum said...

What a cute card! Love the colors and how you arranged the elements. Looks like some of the scrap book pages I've seen recently :) Just beautiful!!!

Amanda Winkelman said...

What an AWESOME card! I love the texture, it's incredible! you rocked the challenge, girl!

Elise said...

What an exquisite card: congratulations!

Winter said...

Congrats on top pick! :)

Anonymous said...

How on earth did I miss this card?! Awesome job! I love it! Congrats girlie!

Caroline said...

Great card - love how you have used the embossing!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Your niece is going to love this, it's so bright & cheery.

Unknown said...

Great embossing! Love the card.

Paula Pascual said...

Love this card. Lovely!

Alina Brito said...

I absolutely love it Anthonette!!, brilliant as usual, hugs!

Denise said...

WOW!! What a beauty~ Love everything about this card!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

You did such a great job with this challenge, Anthonette. Love the layout!

Lisa Brown said...

Woo hoo...another winner of a card!