Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ericka!

I haven't created a card for a Papertrey Ink Blog Hop in quite a while, but I didn't want to miss this one. Our challenge was to use embroidery floss in a fun and inventive way. I used Dawn's Delightful Doilies stamps to create some flowers and I used embroidery floss by adding a lot of French knots.

Today is my friend Ericka's birthday, so I made this card for her. She won't receive it in time, but I'll send her the link.

The sketch for my design comes from Clean & Simple sketch #132.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good day.
Card Ingredients (all from Papertrey Ink except where noted)
Stamps: Delightful Doilies, Fillable Frames #4
Paper: Hawaiian Shores, White, Pure Poppy
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko), Memories Black, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst
Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
Other: Lemon Tart ribbon, embroidery floss (DMC), foam tape (3M), Copic markers (Y35, BG02)

6 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is super fun and creative! I love it!! Great color combo and the stitching is super!

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the colors and the stitching!

~amy~ said...

Such wonderfully creative card!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

This is FABULOUS!! Love the bright colors, all of your knots and the stitching in the center of the large one. TFS

Ericka said...

I love it! Thank you my friend! You are very thoughtful and I love the composition and the colors! Muchas Gracias! Hugs, Ericka

Angie Tieman said...

This is fantastical!! I love the colors and details you added, such a great job using this set!