Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrating 64

Yesterday was my father-in-law's 64th birthday. This is the card designed for him. Inside the card I stamped "Feliz Cumpleanos".

I'm loving the Big Birthday Wishes set from Papertrey Ink. I had to order it. I love their new metal dies for the numbers, but I didn't order them. I decided to use my Silhouette digital cutter instead. I searched for a font that looked very similar to the font of the Papertrey Ink number dies. I found that BodoniXT is a very close match (not for the number 6, but it's close for the other numbers). You can download it for free here.

On the kraft cardstock I used the numbers impression plate, but you barely see that detail in the photo.
Card Ingredients
Stamps (all Papertrey Ink): Big Birthday Wishes, Background Basics: Woodrain
Paper: Kraft, Certainly celery (Stampin' Up), By the Numbers patterned paper (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Tools: Big Shot with the By the Numbers Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
Other: baker's twine (Etsy), foam tape (3M)

1 comment:

Silvia said...

Oh, I love it! Awesome color palette.

hugs,