Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Transformer Birthday Party Invitations

We are flying to New Mexico in 2 weeks. Kalino will turn 5 while we are visiting my family in Taos. Just recently, he decided he wanted a Transformers-themed party. Originally, he wanted a Star Wars, LEGO, Kid K'Nex, and Transformers party. Colin Cowie, how would you put all those themes together for one bash? Yikes! Lucky for me, he narrowed his choice down to Transformers...it's more like I coerced him into choosing just one theme. I could've bought some invitations at Party City or Toys R Us, but I wanted them to be custom.

We haven't been to New Mexico in almost a year, so I wanted the invitation to have a picture of Kalino. In the photo, he's wearing a Transformers t-shirt and playing with 2 of his many Transformers. The first line says "Transform and roll out! It's Kalino's 5th Birthday Party."

I downloaded a free Transformers font (actually, I downloaded a few versions first to compare them). There are many sites that have a version of this font. It's a little hard to read... a small "a" can look too much like an "o", but I had to use this font.

The Autobot logos were actually symbols that came with the free font. I just enlarged them. I used the SU printer-compliant codes to print the logos in Going Gray on white cardstock. The text on the vellum was printed in Brilliant Blue, but it doesn't look the color since I printed on colored vellum.

The sleeve of the invitation is a 4.25" x 11" piece folded in half. The insert is 3.75" x 5".

Invitation Ingredients
Stamps: By Design (this little retired set has come in very handy)
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Going Gray white, yellow vellum (The Paper Palette)
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Making Memories snaps & blue staples, Crop-A-Dile, corner rounder, Creative Memories photo splits, wallet-sized photos, foam tape, 1", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches

2 comments:

Jenn Muraoka said...

How adorable!!! Kalino is such a shining star. I love that smile of his. He must have been soooo excited to see the invitation. You're such a good mommy! Hugs, Jenn

zakkalife said...

Great invitations. You even tracked down the transformer font, impressive!