Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy Birthday to You

Hi there! There's something very appealing to the heavy use of black in card design. When I saw this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - Black challenge, I had to participate.

Here's my card. Using my Big Shot, I die cut the Leafy Vine Border Die  several times in different colors of cardstock. I glued them onto black cardstock. I die cut a scalloped circle from black cardstock and then white embossed the birthday sentiment (from the Signature Greetings II stamp set) onto a scallop circle die cut. As a final touch, I added some bling.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Marybeth said...

I agree love the black! Your card is beautiful and I love the design you decided to go with . Great idea, and a fun happy card.

Carolanne said...

Great idea to use the same die in different colors on black. A beautiful card!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely! Those colours look great on the black background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love how you used that die. Fabulous.

Anonymous said...

This is sooo coooool! I love it!

Susan Block said...

I love this card! Great colors and that is one of my favorite dies.

Jacquie Southas said...

love your rainbow of color on the black - super effect design!

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute and creative!