Friday, April 20, 2012

Earth Day Notebooks

Hello, my dears!

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. We were on Spring Break last week. We took a trip down to Southern California. We spent days in Legoland, Disneyland, and California Adventure. It was Kalino's first time in Disneyland. This kid is not a Disney kid. He's never wanted to go to Disneyland until now. He loved Tomorrowland.

Here are some notebooks I made for my sister-in-law's students to celebrate Earth Day. The notebooks started with recycled cardboard from boxes of crackers, cereal, packaging, etc.

I covered the cardboard pieces with various papers. I used a lot of Hambly overlays and Hambly papers. I also used a lot of other papers from various companies, like Stampin' Up. Each notebook is approximately 4.25" x 5.5". Some notebooks were a little smaller. I used various types of binding. Mainly I used "cola de rata" (rats tail...I know...weird name). I also used bamboo skewers for binding on some of the notebooks. The stamp I used was perfect. My sister-in-law provided the stamp. I can't remember the manufacturer. It shows the Earth surrounded by children; perfect for Earth Day!

Well, I've got to get to bed soon. We have an early morning. We are doing a Community Cleanup event at Kalino's school tomorrow. We are also showing all the great art the kid's created this week during our craft camps. They up-cycled trash into great works of art. The kids love the event that all of us mom's organized. Thanks to our leader, Nadja! I heard comments like "this is better than recess". That's a huge stamp of approval. They had so much fun. Yesterday, I helped the 3rd graders glue their robot creations together. Kids love building robots; not just my robot-obsessed son.

1 comment:

Nadja Czarnota said...

LOVE IT!!! We should have made those at the Craft Camps ... you'll be our consultant next year!!!