Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr. G.!

Hi there! I made this card for my son's principal who celebrated a birthday this week. He is a huge proponent of up-cycling. Last year he took apart an old broken laminating machine and converted it into a piece of metal art. His home and outdoor living spaces should be featured in a home decor magazine; his house is that amazing!

I couldn't make him a card without using some recycled element. The "happy birthday" on the card is die cut letters from some Starbucks "java jackets". I used the Block Alphabet Die Collection from Papertrey Ink and my Big Shot machine. I love how the corrugated paper actually came out looking look wood.

The star is also recycled paper from another project with chunky glitter glued to the front.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Genius!!!!!! I'm gonna case ya!!

Daryl Balcombe said...

Your probably think this is weird but I really like the Starbucks jacket with the letters cut out. With the right colour behind and the broken graphics I think it could be an interesting piece of art.