Monday, June 14, 2010

Phoebe's 80th Birthday Party - Tags for Favor Bags

Hi everyone! Here are some tags I designed last month for Angie (one of my favorite front-office people at school). She organized the 80th birthday party for her mom, Phoebe, this past weekend, and needed help with the favor bags. When I found out that Phoebe's birthday was June 12th, I was even more excited about the project. My husband and myself share the same date with Phoebe.
I originally designed about 7 or 8 different tags. Phoebe loves purple, so I made sure each tag had some purple. Angie couldn't choose just one design, so she narrowed it down to 3 designs. I'm showing 4 here, because I accidently created a 4th design when I glued the wrong side of the Stampin' Up paper. Duh!

The tags are 2 inches in diameter. I created the text in Microsoft Word. After I printed out the text, I used my 2" circle punch to cut out the tags. I layered on the Stampin' Up designer series paper and strips of Crushed Curry (or Basic Black) paper. The butterflies and hearts are mounted on the tags with foam tape. I finished off the tags by punching holes with my Crop-a-Dile. Angie didn't need ribbon from me since she bought her own.

Tip: If you have this 3 In 1 Classic Butterfly punch, it works well for cutting the small butterfly from Papertrey Ink.

This project was fun. Angie gave me a birthday gift before school ended. I got pretty silk flowers and a gift card to Michael's. So sweet!

Have a good one!

Tag Ingredients
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Crushed Curry - textured, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant DSP, & Rose Red DSP (Stampin' Up), white parchment paper (CA Paper Goods), Wildflower (Only the Best)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant (Stampin' Up), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Tools: Big Shot with scallop Nestabilites, heat gun, 2" circle (EK Success), Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Classic Buttefly punch, 3 Hearts punch (Stampin' Up), Crop-a-Dile (We R Memory Keepers), Microsoft Word with the following fonts: Shruti, Century Gothic, and Lucida Handwriting
Other: Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, foam tape (3M), Stickles, mini rhinestones (Michael's), clear embossing powder

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

these are sooo fun! happy belated!!!

CeeCee said...

Anthonette, these are adorable! They're small but they pack a punch.
CeeCee

Savitri said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! Love them! Just too adorable!!!