Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank You - A Very Late Challenge Entry

I intended to submit this card for the last Everything But the Kitchen Sink Challenge, which was a sketch challenge based on Kelly Marie's headboard. I thought this design for the Silhouette looked a lot like her headboard. This card is a 4.25" square. The chocolate chip design is elevated on foam tape. The card is very basic. A sentiment and a button finish it off.

Life's been busier than usual. My son had a nasty intestinal virus for almost a week. I was "home schooling" for 3 days; not easy. Helping at school was also crazy busy. We were getting ready for a visit from a team that could recommend us for a California Distinguished School Award. We got their recommendation, so yay!

As always, thanks for the lovely comments and have a good one!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Tools: Silhouette with design, 3/4" square punch
Other: button (Making Memories), linen thread (SU!), foam tape (3M)

14 comments:

Sam said...

Wow, this card looks amazing Anthonette. Love the silhouette design!

:-)
Sam.

Paloma Gomez said...

Hola! Anthonette Your card is amazing, I have the Cricut but my dream is the Silhouette!

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!!! What a stunning card Anthonette!!! Seriously - you always just blow me away!!! LOVE that design and the green accent and the font and everything in between! I hope your son is feeling better and that you are getting lots of rest - its so hard when they are so little and are not feeling well.... heck- its hard for anyone to go through - and I hope your little wee man is doing well!!! I never had a chance to tell you HOW much I just was on cloud 9 to meet you - you are SUCH a sweetheart and I SO miss YOU!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you soon (wouldn't that be fun if our boys could have a playdate while we had a stamping playdate!!! ) if you only lived closer! Sending you loads of love and hugs sweet Anthonette!!! I just adore YOU!
Love,
Sankari :))))))

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a stunning card!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my girl this is totally beautiful! Thanks for playing along (even if it was late)!

CeeCee said...

That is a-MAZE-ing (hahaha)! All jokes aside, this card is stunning. It's so original.
CC

Deb Rymer said...

What a cool card, Anthonette! That design makes me want to see if I can trace a path from one end to the other! Hope your son is feeling better now - poor little guy...

Brandi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
Brandi

~amy~ said...

wow, wow, WOW! This is absolutely STRIKING...excellent job!

wendyp said...

Wow!! This is amazing! Love that bit of color with the brown. And that diecut...gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

WOWZA! This is stunning! It's so intricate, totally amazing!

sideoats + scribbles said...

LOVE this! It's just perfecto for the challenge! :)

Valerie said...

What a gorgeous card - I have a Silhouette and I'm definitely going to try this. Love your work Anthonette!

Jessica said...

This would've been a winner, Anthonette!!!! I love it so classy and unique :)