Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lego Birthday Party Invitation

Today is my son's 6th birthday. We are currently on vacation in Taos, New Mexico visiting my family.

I started designing these Lego birthday party invitations several weeks ago. The photo of K was taken last June at Legoland in Carlsbad, CA. His tongue is sticking out...that's a common sight. This kid is not a Disney kid. He has no desire to go to Disneyland, but if he had a say, we would be at Legoland a few times a year.

I wanted to enter this invitation in the Hero Arts Photo Challenge, but I couldn't complete this invitation on time. Cutting out his name was also the first project I attempted with my QuicKutz Silhouette (not smart of my part...there was a bit of a learning curve). These letters are tiny (less and .5 inches high). I downloaded a free Lego font from here. The Silhouette can cut any font on your computer, so it worked out great.

I also used the Lego font on the photo and for the text of the invitation.

The hard part was assembling the 4 layers for each of the small letters.

Card Ingredients
Paper: unknown brand of red, white, black, and yellow paper from my stash
Tools: computer, printer, QuicKutz Silhouette
Other: Legothick font, Tombo glue, Canon Photo Paper Pro, Creative Memories photo splits, foam tape

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Anthonette, these are so perfect. We visited 'Legoland' in Carlsbad last September (08), and our boys had the best time (we did too LOL!).

Ange :)

claudia shadler said...

oh what a neat idea Anthonette! Kalino looks so cute! great card! I like it a lot!

Clouds :D

Winter said...

Very cute! He will have a great time at his party! Stop by my blog, I have an award for you! :)

Catpad said...

Oh my good! So cutee!! lOVE IT!xD

*You could make some videos of how you make your cards! that would be really awesome!*

:) Visit my blog

www.sugar---sugar.blogspot.com

Heather Summers said...

How adorable is this invitation??? I love it!!!! tHanks for all the ideas!
Heather

zakkalife said...

Your invitations are awesome! And your son driving the lego car is just perfect.